MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour ($20.00 for 0.17 fl. oz. )
I think that it was no suprise when MAC launched these, originally limited edition, liquid lipsticks. Deep down you were expecting them, be honest! :D Now, they have made some of the shades permanent but unfortunately you can’t find the shade I’m going to review, which is Lady Be Good.
But let me get into details, first I’ll start with the pros and I’ll continue with the cons.
- First of all, I really like the see-through packaging. You can easily see and grab the colour you want. I find it really disturbing, with their classic lipstick, when I have to see the bottom of each one and find the colour I’m looking for, so I think that this helps a lot.
- It was very easy to shape my lips with the heart-shaped applicator (see pictures above) . And I really like the amount of product that comes out of it too. It’s not too much and not too little for my small lips. Someone with bigger lips may have to dip it a couple more times.
- As far as its longevity goes, it pleasantly surprised me. The day I tested it out I ate a very oily food, so I wasn’t surprised when I saw some fading in the inner part of my lips. This is something you can’t avoid with liquid lipsticks. But as the day went by it stayed put for 9 hours and didn’t even budge! It survived from food, talking, gym and sleeping!
- During the day I forgot I even had it on my lips, didn’t bother me and weren’t sticky at all!
- Lastly, when I wanted to take it off I removed it quite easily with a q-tip and some Bioderma.
And now it’s time for the cons.
- Firstly, I don’t know what you think of the packaging but I honestly don’t like the shape of it. I would have preferred something more modern.
- The scent leaves me indifferent, doesn’t smell good but doesn’t smell really bad either. It definitely doesn’t smell vanilla like their lipsticks do.
- Something I noticed with this specific liquid lipstick is that it sits in my lip’s fine lines and emphasize them! Reading Temptalia’s review I saw that see claims the same thing as me and she also mentioned that it happened with all the lighter shades.
- I find that it slightly transfers. Nothing too noticeable but it definitely does.
- It also dries too fast!! It gives me 15 seconds till it’s completely dry, so I think that there is no room for mistakes.
- Last but not least, it has a very drying formula. If you are the kind of girl that likes matte lipsticks but hates the feeling of dehydrated lips at the end of the day then this is not for you.
Please let me know in the comments down below about your experience and if you have tried any of them and don’t forget to mention the shade you have! :)
You can buy them HERE